Pro Diploma in Makeup
Your journey starts here! Diploma in Photographic, Bridal, Fashion Makeup & Hairdressing
Become an International Makeup Artist!
Overview: Professional Makeup Artist Course
Professional Makeup Artist course specializing in Beauty Makeup covering all aspects such as Fashion, Bridal, Photographic Makeup, and Hairstyling to become an International Makeup Artist. Students will be able to use their artistic talent and creativity in their makeup creations for complete creative looks.
This course includes all of the elements offered in our other courses within one course. If you are looking for an intensive all-encompassing make-up course then this is the ultimate course for you. This will prepare you to provide a wide variety of make-up services to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to provide your own services for clients, monitoring and maintaining health and safety practices.
The Best Place to Study Makeup in Chennai
See for yourself how incredible our student work is! Every image on this website and our social media platforms are student’s work*. There’s no doubting that PRO ART students are extremely talented.
You can join as soon as you complete your Class 10
Course Duration 10 weeks
Week days: Monday – Friday
Timings: 10am – 5pm
Timings: 10am – 5pm,
Sunday Timings: 2pm – 5pm
- Daily class starts with knowledge of the look of the day with theoretical , visual and demonstration .With product Knowledge and techniques .
- Practice of the complete look by students .
- Practice of face charts , worksheets / consultation record .
- Mood board
- Weekly assessment
- Internal / external examiners .
- Preparation for international exams .
- Mock test.
- Exams practical and theory.
- Setting up the makeup area
- Lighting / furniture / makeup tools kit
- The makeup artist’s approach on set
- Management of health and safety at work
- Professional ethical conduct
- Consultation techniques
- Types of makeup brushes and uses
- Building a professional make up kit.
- the structure, function, characteristics of skin
- ageing and lifestyle effects on the skin and muscle tone
- diseases and disorders of the skin.
- colour theory -Warming and cooling colours
- range and use of product available
- effect of lighting has on the colour of make-up
- Creating a perfect base
- corrective makeup technique to suit the face shape
- nose, eye, lip corrective makeup techniques
- Corrective, colour corrective, blending,
- highlighting, shading, contouring,
- Eyebrow Shaping/eyebrow proportions
- kinds of foundation (Cream, liquid, gel, cake, powder foundation),
- blushers (powder and cream),
- eye shadow (cream, crayon, powder),
- eye liners (eyebrow pencil, powder brow colour),
- Mascara (liquid, cream, extensions, block),
- Smokey eye make up variations / cut the crease eye makeup/ classic smokey / Halo eyes / mono lid
- Different eyeliner variations.(winged, double winged etc.)
- To achieve perfect lip definition with lip cosmetics (lip pencil, lipsticks ,Lip glosses)
- The application of false eyelashes both individual and strip
- Primers and Setting sprays
- removal of eye make-up and skin make-up
Bridal looks for brides of different backgrounds within the market.
- Trial consultation techniques
- Use of various eye shadow colours and blending
- Day make up
- Evening make up
- Party make up
- registry look,/ Pre photo shoot .
- Mehndi / sangeet look
- Vivah wedding/ muhurtham look.
- Nikah (wedding),
- Cristian Bride
- High definition makeup
- Total dressing with Veil / dupatta .
- Adornments – glitter, gems, stencils.
- South Indian Jadai Alangaram with flowers and ornaments.
- Saree draping south indian / north indian styles.
- Business etiquettes / marketing ideas .
- Introduction to editorial and fashion make up
- Working under different lighting
- Catwalk / Run way
- Photographic – colour / portfolio.
- Photographic – black and white
- Studio Photo Shoot
- Magazine editorials
- Aqua Color,
- Fashion shows trends .
- Tv make up .
- Period Make up ( victorian / historical / retro / egyptian )
- theater make up,
- working with crystals / glitter / face art designs
- Skin finishes matte / dewy / glossy .
- Baking .
- Creative eye make up looks
- Creative lip make up techniques
- Creative eyeliners
- Graphic liners
- Ombre lips
- Face sculpting
- Dusky make up.
- Show girl.
- Avant garde /High fashion
- Intro to special effects ( bleeding , bullet marks , bruising /scars )
- Research techniques: For design of make-up, use of mood board, pictorial research, face designs, sketches
- Airbrush make-up product uses and limitations
- silicone based, water based, alcohol based
- colour range, selection and suitability to the make-up needs
- airbrush make-up design: contouring,
- full face day makeup; make-up for bridal, fashion and photographic shoots
- application of airbrush make-up techniques:
- colour fading
- Highlighting, shading
- back bubbling
- even colour washing
- Preparation of work area
- Hair science
- Styling products, tools, materials and added hair used to achieve the look:
- Balance and shape of style:
- blow drying with flat brush
- Use of tongs
- Hot roller setting
- Hair ironing straight
- Hair Iron curls
- Backcombing /Back brushing
- French roll
- Half moon
- Donut bun
- French plait
- 2 , 4 strand plait
- Front twist and braids
- Messy braid
- Messy buns
- High bun.
- Hair attachment
- blow drying with round brush
- Finger drying
- Pin curling
- Finger waving
- Latest fashion style setting
- Styling for fashion shows
- Trendy braids and buns
- Russian hairstyles .
After completion of the course, Pro Art will help you to create professional portfolio of complete looks, incorporating makeup, hairstyling, costumes, props and overall styling.
Accreditation & Certification
Pro Art Makeup Academy is affiliated with Beauty and Wellness Sector Skill Council (B&WSSC) A B&WSSC certified candidate is preferred over candidates without any certification.
Pro Art Students have gone on to work in all aspects of the makeup industry including retail cosmetics, fashion, photographic, bridal, film and TV industries. With relevant industry standard skills, a wealth of work experience and a complete professional portfolio.
Pro Art Students are highly employable.